On January 3, 2022 – Biotech startup Amylyx Pharmaceuticals is seeking to raise up to $175 million at a valuation of more than $1.1B in its upcoming US IPO.
|Biotech||2013||Cambridge, US||$ 1,1B|
Here’s what you need to know:
- What is an IPO?
- What is Amylyx?
- How to buy Amylyx IPO stock? – detailed instructions.
- Amylyx IPO details – Amylyx IPO date, price etc.
- What brokers provide access to the Amylyx IPO?
What is an IPO?
When a private company or a startup first sells its shares to the general public, this process is known as an Initial Public Offering (IPO). An IPO means that a company's ownership is transferred from private ownership to public ownership. That is why the IPO process is called "going public".
Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital, but there are more reasons for that. If you want to learn more - here we answered frequently asked questions about IPOs in simple terms.
What is Amylyx?
Amylyx is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company that provides drugs for neurodegenerative diseases. It develops AMX0035, a therapeutic designed to target pathways originating in the mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum, which lead to neuronal death and degradation. The company focuses on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer’s disease, and other diseases of the brain.
Amylyx Business Details and Financials Before IPO
Amylyx's mission is to develop therapies that change the treatment paradigm for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS, and a broad range of neurodegenerative diseases by keeping neurons alive. Unlike most other cells in the body that regularly die and are replaced as part of healthy function, mature neurons are normally resistant to cell death and generally cannot regenerate.
Amylyx is pursuing commercialization of the product candidate, AMX0035, which they believe is the first drug candidate to show both a functional and survival benefit in a large-scale clinical trial of patients with ALS. Amylyx submitted a New Drug Submission, or NDS, in Canada in the second quarter of 2021 for AMX0035 for the treatment of ALS, which was accepted for review in the third quarter of 2021, and a New Drug Application, or NDA, to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, in the fourth quarter of 2021, which was accepted for priority review in the same quarter. Amylyx also intend to submit a Marketing Authorization Application, or MAA, in Europe early in the first quarter of 2022. The results of the Phase 2 clinical trial of AMX0035, known as the CENTAUR trial, were published in September 2020 in the New England Journal of Medicine and in October 2020 in the Journal of Muscle and Nerve and demonstrated functional and survival benefits for ALS patients. We believe AMX0035 has the potential to be a foundational therapy, meaning that it could be used alone or in conjunction with other therapies to change the treatment paradigm across a broad range of neurodegenerative diseases.
Amylyx Prospectus SEC S-1 form
Amylyx's top competitors include Livzon Pharmaceutical Group, Cipla, PPD and UCB.
Is Amylyx Stock Publicly Traded?
Not yet, Amylyx is a privately owned company now. It belongs to founders, early investors (venture capital firms), and some employees.
Amylyx's Key People
Amylyx's Director is George Milne.
Amylyx pre-IPO Investors
The company has raised a total of $202.2m. The investor list include - Morningside Venture Investments Limited, ALS Invest 1 B.V., Viking Global Opportunities Illiquid Investments Sub-Master.
How to Participate in Amylyx IPO Before Shares Hit the Public Market
In the past, Initial Public Offerings as a profitable investment type were only available to big funds or elite customers of major brokerage firms or banks and it was hard (almost impossible) for retail investors to gain access to IPOs. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market.
Luckily, technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now average investors can participate in IPOs. Brokers adjusted accordingly, making access to IPOs more affordable now.
Step-by-Step Guide How to Buy Amylyx IPO Stock at Its Offer Price
- Check the Amylyx IPO details. Always Do Your Own Research (DYOR) for the company that is going for IPO first.
- Find a broker. You need a broker that can provide you access to the IPO. You can use our tool attached below that helps to match investors with available IPO brokers in your area. Just click "FIND IPO BROKERS" button below to see brokers that offer access to Amylyx IPO.
- Check eligibility criteria. Each broker has its own eligibility criteria, like account minimum which can vary widely.
- Create trading account. For KYC you need to prepare your identity document (valid passport or driving license) and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Deposit your account. To participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for. Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Request Amylyx shares. Assuming you meet the requirements for participating in this IPO, your next step will be to request a certain number of shares in the IPO. Note, you may not be allocated all the IPO shares you offer to buy.
- Wait for allocation. The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
Note: Many IPO purchases come with a lock-up period, usually 90 or 180 days. You will not be able to sell your shares until this period expires.
What Brokers Offer Access to this IPO?
Amylyx IPO was available through Freedom and Fidelity. Now shares are available for trading through Freedom Finance platform.
How to Invest After Amylyx IPO at Its Opening Price
The most conservative way to buy Amylyx stock would be to wait for the IPO and buy the shares on the public stock market. You can do this through the same brokers that provide access to IPOs or a trading app. Most of them have a stock trading functionality. Though, you won’t get in at the low price offered by pre-IPO.
How is Amylyx going public?
Amylyx announced it will go public via a traditional initial public offering, or IPO. No SPACs here.
When will be the Amylyx IPO date?
Amylyx IPO date is January 7, 2022.
What will be the Amylyx IPO price?
Amylyx IPO price range is $18.00 - $20.00 a share.
How many Amylyx shares will be available for its IPO?
Amylyx's number of shares will be 8,75 mil.
What stock exchange will Amylyx trade on?
Amylyx will be traded on
What Is the Amylyx Stock Ticker Symbol?
Amylyx stock ticker symbol is AMLX