On January 3, 2022 – CinCor Pharma , a biopharmaceutical startup, has set terms for its US initial public offering (IPO).
|Pharmaceutical||2018||Cincinnati, US||$ 566M|
Here’s what you need to know:
- What is an IPO?
- What is CinCor?
- How to buy CinCor IPO stock? – detailed instructions.
- CinCor IPO details – CinCor IPO date, price etc.
- What brokers provide access to the CinCor IPO?
What is an IPO?
When a private company or a startup first sells its shares to the general public, this process is known as an Initial Public Offering (IPO). An IPO means that a company's ownership is transferred from private ownership to public ownership. That is why the IPO process is called "going public".
Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital, but there are more reasons for that. If you want to learn more - here we answered frequently asked questions about IPOs in simple terms.
What is CinCor?
CinCor is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company targeting cardiovascular, metabolic and kidney diseases. Its CIN-107 program works through the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS), which is responsible for regulating the body’s fluid and electrolyte balance. The program is being developed for such medical needs as resistant hypertension and primary aldosteronism.
CinCor Business Details and Financials Before IPO
A clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company specializing in the development of a leading clinical candidate, CIN-107, for the treatment of hypertension and other cardiac and renal diseases.
The company is developing CIN-107, which can be used to treat hypertension, primary aldosteronism and chronic kidney disease. The company's development is currently undergoing phase 2 clinical trials. The development's main approach targets aldosterone. Aldosterone is the hormone responsible for sodium salt retention and potassium excretion by the kidneys. Aldosterone can cause blood pressure as a result of sodium retention in the kidneys. For example, the kidneys can pick up changes in the water-salt balance and start producing the hormone renin. Renin activates a substance previously found in the blood in an inactive form, angiotensin. Angiotensin constricts blood vessels (to raise blood pressure) and stimulates the adrenal glands to produce aldosterone. Under the influence of aldosterone, the kidneys stop excreting sodium and chlorine in the urine (replacing potassium). Sodium retains water to increase circulating blood volume.
The annual market for the treatment of hypertension in the USA is estimated to be $131 billion (to about 108 million people).
CinCor Prospectus SEC S-1 form
CinCor Pharma's top competitors include Edgewise Therapeutics, Allakos, Nocion Therapeutics and Meissa Vaccines.
Is CinCor Stock Publicly Traded?
Not yet, CinCor is a privately owned company now. It belongs to founders, early investors (venture capital firms), and some employees.
CinCor's Key People
CinCor's CEO is Marc de Garidel
CinCor pre-IPO Investors
CinCor's top pre-IPO investors include Sofinnova Venture Partners X, Sofinnova Capital IX, 5AM Ventures VI, CinRx Pharma, General Atlantic.
CinCor Pharma has raised $50 m in total funding
How to Participate in CinCor IPO Before Shares Hit the Public Market
In the past, Initial Public Offerings as a profitable investment type were only available to big funds or elite customers of major brokerage firms or banks and it was hard (almost impossible) for retail investors to gain access to IPOs. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market.
Luckily, technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now average investors can participate in IPOs. Brokers adjusted accordingly, making access to IPOs more affordable now.
Step-by-Step Guide How to Buy CinCor IPO Stock at Its Offer Price
- Check the CinCor IPO details. Always Do Your Own Research (DYOR) for the company that is going for IPO first.
- Find a broker. You need a broker that can provide you access to the IPO. You can use our tool attached below that helps to match investors with available IPO brokers in your area. Just click "FIND IPO BROKERS" button below to see brokers that offer access to CinCor IPO.
- Check eligibility criteria. Each broker has its own eligibility criteria, like account minimum which can vary widely.
- Create trading account. For KYC you need to prepare your identity document (valid passport or driving license) and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Deposit your account. To participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for. Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Request CinCor shares. Assuming you meet the requirements for participating in this IPO, your next step will be to request a certain number of shares in the IPO. Note, you may not be allocated all the IPO shares you offer to buy.
- Wait for allocation. The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
Note: Many IPO purchases come with a lock-up period, usually 90 or 180 days. You will not be able to sell your shares until this period expires.
What Brokers Offer Access to this IPO?
How to Invest After CinCor IPO at Its Opening Price
The most conservative way to buy CinCor stock would be to wait for the IPO and buy the shares on the public stock market. You can do this through the same brokers that provide access to IPOs or a trading app. Most of them have a stock trading functionality. Though, you won’t get in at the low price offered by pre-IPO.
How is CinCor going public?
CinCor announced it will go public via a traditional initial public offering, or IPO. No SPACs here.
When will be the CinCor IPO date?
CinCor IPO date is January 7, 2022.
What will be the CinCor IPO price?
CinCor IPO price range is $15.00 - $17.00 per share.
How many CinCor shares will be available for its IPO?
CinCor's number of shares is $176,000,000
What Is the CinCor Stock Ticker Symbol?
CinCor stock ticker symbol is CINC
CinCor IPO news and updates:
- 09 Dec 2021 – CinCor Pharma, Inc., Doses First Patient in HALO, a Phase 2 Clinical Trial Evaluating CIN-107, a Selective Aldosterone Synthase Inhibitor, in Patients with Uncontrolled Hypertension and High Plasma Aldosterone
- 28 Oct 2021 – CinCor Pharma Appoints Terry Coelho as Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Business Development Officer
- 12 Oct 2021 – CinCor Pharma Raises $143 Million in Series B Financing