On April 21, 2021 – Discord, a San Francisco-based digital communications and software company, ended takeover talks with Microsoft after Discord rejected a $12 billion bid. Now many experts expect Discord to start planning to debut on the stock market later this year 2022.
|Technology||2012||San Francisco, US||$ 15B|
Here’s what you need to know:
- What is an IPO?
- What is Discord?
- How to buy Discord IPO stock? – detailed instructions.
- Discord IPO details – Discord IPO date, price etc.
- What brokers provide access to the Discord IPO?
What is an IPO?
When a private company or a startup first sells its shares to the general public, this process is known as an Initial Public Offering (IPO). An IPO means that a company's ownership is transferred from private ownership to public ownership. That is why the IPO process is called "going public".
Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital, but there are more reasons for that. If you want to learn more - here we answered frequently asked questions about IPOs in simple terms.
What is Discord?
Discord (formerly known as Hammer & Chisel) is a company developing a freeware VoIP application designed for gaming communities. It is an all-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that works on desktop, mobile, and web platforms. The company also offers the GameBridge API which enables game developers to directly support integration with Discord within games.
Business Details and Financials Before Discord IPO
The popularity of the Discord messaging service has grown significantly since the beginning of the pandemic. In addition to text messaging, the app allows organisation of voice and video conferences with detailed configuration of the communication channels. Discord works on Windows, iOS and Android, and a browser version is also available.
The advantage of the messaging service is that it has the lowest possible consumption of a devices' resources, as it was originally designed for communication between gamers and therefore should not affect the quality of the game. In addition, Discord has occupied a niche that no other company has ever claimed before - an ideal voice chat during the game.
The company plans to continue developing the direction of voice chat while playing games, which includes working with the popular PlayStation and Xbox gaming platforms.
Discord has also launched YouTube integration in test mode. The ‘Watch Together’ feature allows chat participants to watch videos together. Players can share their screen with each other, all while using minimal resources.
Discord Prospectus SEC S-1 form
Discord Prospectus S-1 form will be published here when available. Stay tuned!
Details From Discord’s S-1 Filing
Details from Discord's S-1 will be published here when available. Stay tuned!
Discord's top competitors include Twitch, Curse, Electronic Arts and Bigo.
Is Discord Stock Publicly Traded?
No, Discord is a privately owned company now. It belongs to founders, early investors (venture capital firms), and some employees.
Discord's Key People
Discord's key people are:
- Jason Citron - Founder & CEO
- Stanislav Vishnevskiy - CTO
- Tali Fischer - Director of PR and Events
- Andres Diaz - Director of Business Development
- Ruth Chang - Director of Finance
- Sergei Sorokin - Director of Product Management
Discord pre-IPO Investors
Discord's top pre-IPO investors include Index Ventures, Accel Partners, Benchmark, Greylock Partners, Spark Capital, Greenoaks Capital Management, Tencent Holdings, Danny Rimer, Time Warner, YouWeb, Greenoaks Capital, 9+ Program, IVP, IVP (Institutional Venture Partners), Specialized Types, General Catalyst Partners, FirstMark, Ridge Ventures (Formerly known as IDG Ventures USA), Greylock, Technology Opportunity Partners
Discord has raised $479.3 m in total funding across 8 funding rounds for a $725 m valuation.
How to Participate in Discord IPO Before Shares Hit the Public Market
In the past, Initial Public Offerings as a profitable investment type were only available to big funds or elite customers of major brokerage firms or banks and it was hard (almost impossible) for retail investors to gain access to IPOs. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market.
Luckily, technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now average investors can participate in IPOs. Brokers adjusted accordingly, making access to IPOs more affordable now.
Step-by-Step Guide How to Buy Discord IPO Stock at Its Offer Price
- Check the Discord IPO details. Always Do Your Own Research (DYOR) for the company that is going for IPO first.
- Find a broker. You need a broker that can provide you access to the IPO. You can use our tool attached below that helps to match investors with available IPO brokers in your area. Just click "FIND IPO BROKERS" button below to see brokers that offer access to Discord IPO.
- Check eligibility criteria. Each broker has its own eligibility criteria, like account minimum which can vary widely.
- Create trading account. For KYC you need to prepare your identity document (valid passport or driving license) and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Deposit your account. To participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for. Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Request Discord shares. Assuming you meet the requirements for participating in this IPO, your next step will be to request a certain number of shares in the IPO. Note, you may not be allocated all the IPO shares you offer to buy.
- Wait for allocation. The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
Note: Many IPO purchases come with a lock-up period, usually 90 or 180 days. You will not be able to sell your shares until this period expires.
What Brokers Offer Access to this IPO?
Just click the button below to check the list of available IPO brokers that can provide access to Discord IPO.
How to Invest After Discord IPO at Its Opening Price
The most conservative way to buy Discord stock would be to wait for the IPO and buy the shares on the public stock market. You can do this through the same brokers that provide access to IPOs or a trading app. Most of them have a stock trading functionality. Though, you won’t get in at the low price offered by pre-IPO.
How is Discord going public?
Discord has not yet made an announcement whether it goes public via a traditional initial public offering, SPAC or DPO. But most likely it will be a traditional IPO.
Discord IPO Underwriters
Discord IPO list of underwriters will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
When will be the Discord IPO date?
Discord IPO date will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
What will be the Discord IPO price?
Discord IPO price range will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
How many Discord shares will be available for its IPO?
Discord's number of shares will be published here when the information is available Stay tuned!.
What stock exchange will Discord trade on?
Discord will be traded on - the stock exchange will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
What Is the Discord Stock Ticker Symbol?
Discord stock ticker symbol will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!