The founder Apoorva Mehta mentioned his plans to take Instacart - US company that operates a grocery delivery and pick-up service - public back in 2019, but the company postponed its IPO and focused on business growth. The company's revenue tripled in 2020 to $1.5B valuing the company at $39B.
In the summer 2021, Fidji Simo - who had previously led Facebook's product development and launch for ten years, was appointed head of the company. It usually takes 9 to 12 months for new CEOs to take the company public.
|Retail - Grocery Delivery||2012||San Francisco, US||$ 39B|
Here’s what you need to know:
- What is an IPO?
- What is Instacart?
- How to buy Instacart IPO stock? – detailed instructions.
- Instacart IPO details – Instacart IPO date, price etc.
- What brokers provide access to the Instacart IPO?
What is an IPO?
When a private company or a startup first sells its shares to the general public, this process is known as an Initial Public Offering (IPO). An IPO means that a company's ownership is transferred from private ownership to public ownership. That is why the IPO process is called "going public".
Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital, but there are more reasons for that. If you want to learn more - here we answered frequently asked questions about IPOs in simple terms.
What is Instacart?
Instacart is a company that offers grocery delivery services. The company supplies food and home essentials from a number of local stores. It enables customers to order from multiple stores at once and get same-day delivery.
Business Details and Financials Before Instacart IPO
In 2020, according to a Bloomberg report, Instacart's total amount of sales reached $35B. It is ranked third after Walmart and Amazon by popularity among the grocery delivery services. In August 2020, the company's sales rose by 234% compared to the same period last year, as Second Measure reports. Q3 in 2021 showed a 30% higher result than Q3 in 2020.
The latest investment round, which occurred in 2020, brought $225M to Instacart.
Since its inception, the company raised $2.17B. As of October 2020, Instacart is valued at $17.71B, with an approximate stock price of $60 per share. Ahead of the IPO, however, the value may well increase to $30B.
Instacart Prospectus SEC S-1 form
Instacart Prospectus S-1 form will be published here when available. Stay tuned!
Details From Instacart’s S-1 Filing
Details from Instacart's S-1 will be published here when available. Stay tuned!
Instacart's top competitors include Postmates, FreshDirect, Blue Apron, Cornershop and Shipt.
Is Instacart Stock Publicly Traded?
Instacart is a privately owned company before the IPO is completed. It belongs to founders, early investors (venture capital firms), and some employees.
But when the status changes to Completed in the calendar here, the company will become public.
Instacart's Key People
- Fidji Simo – CEO
- Apoorva Mehta – Founder and Chairman
- Max Mullen – Co-Founder
- Brandon Leonardo – Co-Founder
- Dani Dudeck – Chief Communications Officer
- Chris Rogers – Vice President of Retail
Instacart pre-IPO Investors
Instacart's top pre-IPO investors include:
- Tiger Global Management;
- G Squared;
- Dragoneer Investment Group;
- Kleiner Perkins;
- Thrive Capital;
- Canaan Partners;
- DST Global;
- Sequoia Capital.
Instacart has raised $2.69B in total funding. Instacart's valuation is $39 b, and annual revenue was $2B in 2017
How to Participate in Instacart IPO Before Shares Hit the Public Market
In the past, Initial Public Offerings as a profitable investment type were only available to big funds or elite customers of major brokerage firms or banks and it was hard (almost impossible) for retail investors to gain access to IPOs. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market.
Luckily, technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now average investors can participate in IPOs. Brokers adjusted accordingly, making access to IPOs more affordable now.
Step-by-Step Guide How to Buy Instacart IPO Stock at Its Offer Price
- Check the Instacart IPO details. Always Do Your Own Research (DYOR) for the company that is going for IPO first.
- Find a broker. You need a broker that can provide you access to the IPO. You can use our tool attached below that helps to match investors with available IPO brokers in your area. Just click "FIND IPO BROKERS" button below to see brokers that offer access to Instacart IPO.
- Check eligibility criteria. Each broker has its own eligibility criteria, like account minimum which can vary widely.
- Create trading account. For KYC you need to prepare your identity document (valid passport or driving license) and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Deposit your account. To participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for. Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Request Instacart shares. Assuming you meet the requirements for participating in this IPO, your next step will be to request a certain number of shares in the IPO. Note, you may not be allocated all the IPO shares you offer to buy.
- Wait for allocation. The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
Note: Many IPO purchases come with a lock-up period, usually 90 or 180 days. You will not be able to sell your shares until this period expires.
What Brokers Offer Access to Instacart IPO?
Just click the button below to check the list of available IPO brokers that can provide access to Instacart IPO.
How to Invest After Instacart IPO at Its Opening Price
The most conservative way to buy Instacart stock would be to wait for the IPO and buy the shares on the public stock market. You can do this through the same brokers that provide access to IPOs or a trading app. Most of them have a stock trading functionality. Though, you won’t get in at the low price offered by pre-IPO.
How is Instacart going public?
Instacart has not yet made an announcement whether it goes public via a traditional initial public offering, SPAC or DPO. But most likely it will be a traditional IPO.
Instacart IPO Underwriters
Instacart IPO underwriters list will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
When will be the Instacart IPO release date?
Instacart IPO date will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
IPO ETA: second half of 2022
What will be the Instacart IPO price?
Instacart IPO price range will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
How many Instacart shares will be available for its IPO?
Instacart's number of shares will be published here when the information is available Stay tuned!
What stock exchange will Instacart trade on?
Instacart will be traded on - the stock exchange will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
What Is the Instacart Stock Ticker Symbol?
Instacart stock ticker symbol will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!