🆕 Latest update (Jan 12, 2022) – the company postponed its IPO due to market conditions. There is no further information at this time, any news will be published here when known.
On December 16, 2021 – Justworks, Inc announced that it has filed a registration statement on Form S-1 with the US SEC relating to the proposed initial public offering (IPO) of its Class A common stock.
|HRtech||2012||NY, US||$ 183M|
Here’s what you need to know:
- What is an IPO?
- What is Justworks?
- How to buy Justworks IPO stock? – detailed instructions.
- Justworks IPO details – Justworks IPO date, price etc.
- What brokers provide access to the Justworks IPO?
What is an IPO?
When a private company or a startup first sells its shares to the general public, this process is known as an Initial Public Offering (IPO). An IPO means that a company's ownership is transferred from private ownership to public ownership. That is why the IPO process is called "going public".
Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital, but there are more reasons for that. If you want to learn more - here we answered frequently asked questions about IPOs in simple terms.
What is Justworks?
Justworks is a company providing payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance management platform. It delivers access to benefits, compliance support, automated payroll, as well as HR tools, support, and HR consulting. The company serves non-profit, professional services, technology, and other industries.
Business Details and Financials Before Justworks IPO
Justworks is a developer of payroll and HR management software.
Justworks' cloud-based software provides clients with solutions for payroll, human resources, benefits and compliance.
The company's target market is small and medium-sized companies. As of 30 November, Justworks has registered more than 8,000 customers in all 50 US states, representing more than 140,000 employees.
The potential market is $40 billion.
Growth rate in 2021FY is +32%, accelerating to 41% over 3M22. EBIT at -3% in 2020FY, 1% in 2021 and -1% in Q1 2022FY.
Justworks Prospectus SEC S-1 form
Justworks's top competitors include PayScale, Ascentis, Zenefits, Gusto, Remote, Lifion, MHR and Ascender.
Is Justworks Stock Publicly Traded?
No, Justworks is a privately owned company now. It belongs to founders, early investors (venture capital firms), and some employees.
Justworks's Key People
- Isaac Oates - Founder & CEO
- Johnathan Mirian - Vice President of Finance
- Aida Sukys - Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Seckler - Chief Operating Officer
Justworks pre-IPO Investors
Justworks's top pre-IPO investors include Index Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, FirstMark Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, Bain Capital, Daring Journey Ventures, Thayer Street Partners, FirstMark
Justworks has raised $143 m in total funding across 6 funding rounds for a $183 m valuation.
How to Participate in Justworks IPO Before Shares Hit the Public Market
In the past, Initial Public Offerings as a profitable investment type were only available to big funds or elite customers of major brokerage firms or banks and it was hard (almost impossible) for retail investors to gain access to IPOs. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market.
Luckily, technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now average investors can participate in IPOs. Brokers adjusted accordingly, making access to IPOs more affordable now.
Step-by-Step Guide How to Buy Justworks IPO Stock at Its Offer Price
- Check the Justworks IPO details. Always Do Your Own Research (DYOR) for the company that is going for IPO first.
- Find a broker. You need a broker that can provide you access to the IPO. You can use our tool attached below that helps to match investors with available IPO brokers in your area. Just click "FIND IPO BROKERS" button below to see brokers that offer access to Justworks IPO.
- Check eligibility criteria. Each broker has its own eligibility criteria, like account minimum which can vary widely.
- Create trading account. For KYC you need to prepare your identity document (valid passport or driving license) and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Deposit your account. To participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for. Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Request Justworks shares. Assuming you meet the requirements for participating in this IPO, your next step will be to request a certain number of shares in the IPO. Note, you may not be allocated all the IPO shares you offer to buy.
- Wait for allocation. The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
Note: Many IPO purchases come with a lock-up period, usually 90 or 180 days. You will not be able to sell your shares until this period expires.
What Brokers Offer Access to Justworks IPO?
Just click the button below to check the list of available IPO brokers that can provide access to Justworks IPO.
How to Invest After Justworks IPO at Its Opening Price
The most conservative way to buy Justworks stock would be to wait for the IPO and buy the shares on the public stock market. You can do this through the same brokers that provide access to IPOs or a trading app. Most of them have a stock trading functionality. Though, you won’t get in at the low price offered by pre-IPO.
How is Justworks going public?
Justworks announced it will go public via a traditional initial public offering, or IPO. No SPACs here.
Justworks IPO Underwriters
Justworks IPO underwriters are Goldman Sachs/ J.P. Morgan/ BofA Securities
When will be the Justworks IPO date?
Justworks IPO date is
Jan 12, 2022. - postponed
What will be the Justworks IPO price?
Justworks IPO price range is $29.00-$32.00 a share.
How many Justworks shares will be available for its IPO?
Justworks's number of shares is 7,000,000
What stock exchange will Justworks trade on?
Justworks will be traded on NASDAQ.
What Is the Justworks Stock Ticker Symbol?
Justworks stock ticker symbol is JW