On January 25, 2022 – Shein (former Sheinside), a Chinese online fashion retailer giant, may start preparation for US Initial Public Offering (IPO), as two people familiar with the matter said to Reuter. CEO Chris Xu, a Chinese citizen, is considering obtaining Singaporean citizenship to speed up the IPO procedure.
|E-commerce||2008||Singapore, SG||$ 47B|
Here’s what you need to know:
- What is an IPO?
- What is Shein?
- How to buy Shein IPO stock? – detailed instructions.
- Shein IPO details – Shein IPO date, price etc.
- What brokers provide access to the Shein IPO?
What is an IPO?
When a private company or a startup first sells its shares to the general public, this process is known as an Initial Public Offering (IPO). An IPO means that a company's ownership is transferred from private ownership to public ownership. That is why the IPO process is called "going public".
Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital, but there are more reasons for that. If you want to learn more - here we answered frequently asked questions about IPOs in simple terms.
What is Shein?
SHEIN (formerly known as SheInside, also known as Roadget Business) is a provider of a global fast fashion e-commerce platform. The company designs and sells women's, men's, and children's apparel, footwear, and accessories, as well as home and beauty items primarily under its flagship SHEIN brand. It operates through a mobile app and regional websites
Business Details and Financials Before Shein IPO
According to CNN, TikTok plays a large role in driving customers to the company website due to a TikTok trend of bulk buying clothes from Shein and presenting Shein clothes to their audience like a standard haul video. On May 17, 2021, the number of Shein’s app downloads surpassed those of Amazon.
Shein claims to utilize the psychology of the new generation and implements marketing strategies accordingly to achieve growth. On social media, Shein has 21.9 million followers on Instagram and 2.8 million followers on TikTok. Its low prices attract teenage internet shoppers with small budgets to post what they bought on social media.
Shein Prospectus SEC S-1 form
Shein Prospectus S-1 form will be published here when available. Stay tuned!
Details From Shein’s S-1 Filing
Details from Shein's S-1 will be published here when available. Stay tuned!
SHEIN's top competitors include Ruby Ribbon, Jigsaw, AMARO and Voonik.
Is Shein Stock Publicly Traded?
Shein is a privately owned company before the IPO is completed. It belongs to founders, early investors (venture capital firms), and some employees.
But when the status changes to Completed in the calendar here, the company will become public.
Shein's Key People
Shein's CEO is Chris Xu.
Founders - Xiaoqing Ren, Yang Pei, Yangtian Xu
Shein pre-IPO Investors
Shein's top pre-IPO investors include IDG capital, JAFCO Asia, Greenwoods Asset Management, Tiger Global Management, Sequoia Capital China
In total, Shein had raised $546M
How to Participate in Shein IPO Before Shares Hit the Public Market
In the past, Initial Public Offerings as a profitable investment type were only available to big funds or elite customers of major brokerage firms or banks and it was hard (almost impossible) for retail investors to gain access to IPOs. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market.
Luckily, technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now average investors can participate in IPOs. Brokers adjusted accordingly, making access to IPOs more affordable now.
Step-by-Step Guide How to Buy Shein IPO Stock at Its Offer Price
- Check the Shein IPO details. Always Do Your Own Research (DYOR) for the company that is going for IPO first.
- Find a broker. You need a broker that can provide you access to the IPO. You can use our tool attached below that helps to match investors with available IPO brokers in your area. Just click "FIND IPO BROKERS" button below to see brokers that offer access to Shein IPO.
- Check eligibility criteria. Each broker has its own eligibility criteria, like account minimum which can vary widely.
- Create trading account. For KYC you need to prepare your identity document (valid passport or driving license) and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Deposit your account. To participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for. Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Request Shein shares. Assuming you meet the requirements for participating in this IPO, your next step will be to request a certain number of shares in the IPO. Note, you may not be allocated all the IPO shares you offer to buy.
- Wait for allocation. The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
Note: Many IPO purchases come with a lock-up period, usually 90 or 180 days. You will not be able to sell your shares until this period expires.
What Brokers Offer Access to Shein IPO?
Just click the button below to check the list of available IPO brokers that can provide access to Shein IPO.
How to Invest After Shein IPO at Its Opening Price
The most conservative way to buy Shein stock would be to wait for the IPO and buy the shares on the public stock market. You can do this through the same brokers that provide access to IPOs or a trading app. Most of them have a stock trading functionality. Though, you won’t get in at the low price offered by pre-IPO.
How is Shein going public?
Shein has not yet made an announcement whether it goes public via a traditional initial public offering, SPAC or DPO. But most likely it will be a traditional IPO.
Shein IPO Underwriters
Shein IPO underwriters list will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
When will be the Shein IPO date?
Shein IPO date will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
IPO ETA: 2022
What will be the Shein IPO price?
Shein IPO price range will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
How many Shein shares will be available for its IPO?
Shein's number of shares will be published here when the information is available Stay tuned!
What stock exchange will Shein trade on?
Shein will be traded on - the stock exchange will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
What Is the Shein Stock Ticker Symbol?
Shein stock ticker symbol will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!