Is TikTok going public?
On August 8, 2021 – ByteDance, the Chinese owner of short video platform TikTok, has announced its plan to go public with a listing in Hong Kong by early 2022, in accordance to Financial Times.
|Social media||2016||Culver City, US||$50B|
Here’s what you need to know:
- What is an IPO?
- What is TikTok?
- How to buy TikTok IPO stock? – detailed instructions.
- TikTok IPO details – TikTok IPO date, price etc.
- What brokers provide access to the TikTok IPO?
What is an IPO?
When a private company or a startup first sells its shares to the general public, this process is known as an Initial Public Offering (IPO). An IPO means that a company's ownership is transferred from private ownership to public ownership. That is why the IPO process is called "going public".
Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital, but there are more reasons for that. If you want to learn more - here we answered frequently asked questions about IPOs in simple terms.
What is TikTok?
TikTok (also known as Douyin) provides a social media app for creating and sharing short-form mobile videos as well as live streaming. Its app is available worldwide for iOS and Android. The Company enables everyone to be a creator and encourages users to share their passion and creative expression through their videos.
TikTok Business Details and Financials Before IPO
TikTok has become a global platform for launching marketing campaigns for many big brands: Samsung, Huyndai, Maybelline New York, Estee Lauder and many others.
TikTok Global's management is predominantly made up of US directors. The US authorities themselves have identified a national security director, who is responsible for protecting the personal data of all users of the app. Among the investors and part owners of the new company are Oracle and Walmart.
TikTok is the fastest growing social network in the world. The number of users is constantly increasing, which makes the site even more attractive for advertising and marketing campaigns. The site's direct competitor, Kuaishou Technology, set a good example - its share price soared by 161% on the first day of trading on 5 February 2021.
TikTok Prospectus SEC S-1 form
TikTok Prospectus S-1 form will be published here when available. Stay tuned!
Details From TikTok’s S-1 Filing
Details from TikTok's S-1 will be published here when available. Stay tuned!
TikTok's top competitors include Meta, Twitter, Instagram, Snap, Kuaishou and Quibi.
Is TikTok Stock Publicly Traded?
No, TikTok is a privately owned company now. It belongs to founders, early investors (venture capital firms), and some employees.
TikTok's Key People
- TikTok's CEO is Kevin Mayer.
- TikTok's General Manager, North America & Australia NZ is Vanessa Pappas.
TikTok pre-IPO Investors
TikTok is a subsidiary of ByteDance. Pre-IPO investors include K3 Ventures.
How to Participate in TikTok IPO Before Shares Hit the Public Market
In the past, Initial Public Offerings as a profitable investment type were only available to big funds or elite customers of major brokerage firms or banks and it was hard (almost impossible) for retail investors to gain access to IPOs. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market.
Luckily, technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now average investors can participate in IPOs. Brokers adjusted accordingly, making access to IPOs more affordable now.
Step-by-Step Guide How to Buy TikTok IPO Stock at Its Offer Price
- Check the TikTok IPO details. Always Do Your Own Research (DYOR) for the company that is going for IPO first.
- Find a broker. You need a broker that can provide you access to the IPO. You can use our tool attached below that helps to match investors with available IPO brokers in your area. Just click "FIND IPO BROKERS" button below to see brokers that offer access to TikTok IPO.
- Check eligibility criteria. Each broker has its own eligibility criteria, like account minimum which can vary widely.
- Create trading account. For KYC you need to prepare your identity document (valid passport or driving license) and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Deposit your account. To participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for. Note, this procedure may take 1-3 days as it's better to prepare your account in advance.
- Request TikTok shares. Assuming you meet the requirements for participating in this IPO, your next step will be to request a certain number of shares in the IPO. Note, you may not be allocated all the IPO shares you offer to buy.
- Wait for allocation. The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
Note: Many IPO purchases come with a lock-up period, usually 90 or 180 days. You will not be able to sell your shares until this period expires.
What Brokers Offer Access to this IPO?
Just click the button below to check the list of available IPO brokers that can provide access to TikTok IPO.
How to Invest After TikTok IPO at Its Opening Price
The most conservative way to buy TikTok stock would be to wait for the IPO and buy the shares on the public stock market. You can do this through the same brokers that provide access to IPOs or a trading app. Most of them have a stock trading functionality. Though, you won’t get in at the low price offered by pre-IPO.
How is TikTok going public?
TikTok has not yet made an announcement whether it goes public via a traditional initial public offering, SPAC or DPO. But most likely it will be a traditional IPO.
When will be the TikTok IPO date?
TikTok IPO date will be published here when the insormation is available. Stay tuned!
What will be the TikTok IPO price?
TikTok IPO price range will be published here when the insormation is available. Stay tuned!
How many TikTok shares will be available for its IPO?
TikTok's number of shares will be published here when the information is available Stay tuned!.
What stock exchange will TikTok trade on?
TikTok will be traded on - the stock exchange will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
What Is the TikTok Stock Ticker?
TikTok stock symbol will be published here when the information is available. Stay tuned!
TikTok IPO news and updates:
August 8, 2021 – China’s ByteDance aims for Hong Kong IPO despite tech crackdown